Booking Appointments - Telephone 741234
Consultations with the doctors are based on a 12-minute appointment system. If you need longer or have more than one problem please let reception know.
Routine appointments can be pre-booked with the health professional of your choice.
Urgent (same day) appointments with the duty doctor or nurse. Please telephone before 11:30 for an urgent appointment.
Book Appointments Online
To book appointments online click on the link at the top of this page
- Dr Wills is available on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Dr Manning is available a Monday, Tuesday (morning), Wednesday, Thursday (morning) and Friday
- Dr Knight is available on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Dr Birch is available on a Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Dr Joanna McKerrell is available on a Tuesday and Wednesday
- Dr Manisha Wickramsekera is available on a Monday, Tuesday and Friday
The doctors and the practice nurses are willing to give advice on the telephone. If they are not available when you ring they will be happy to call you back.
You may also book a telephone consultation appointment with any doctor, in advance. When requesting this please inform the receptionist that you would like a telephone consultation appointment and you will be given a date and time when the doctor will ring you. Please ensure we have your correct telephone number and that you will be available to take the call.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, examination or procedure where they feel one is required. This chaperone may be a family member or friend. On occasions you may prefer a formal chaperone to be present, i.e. a trained member of staff.
Wherever possible we would ask you to make this request at the time of booking appointment so that arrangements can be made and your appointment is not delayed in any way.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
We are moving to a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- Available 24/7 and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- We will usually get back to you within an hour (after 5pm it might be the next day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you an appointment the same day
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, arrange to see you the same day or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward! We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!